Welcome to our award-winning Victorian home, Scotia House, a boutique guest house offering 4-star luxury accommodation at 66 Kings Road, in the heart of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Perfectly positioned opposite the Harrogate Convention Centre, Scotia House is the business visitor’s “office across the road”, with free WiFi and a quiet place to set up your laptop.
For those travelers seeking out the beauty of England, Scotia House is your gateway to the 17-acres of spectacular floral displays, woodlands and parks of the spectacular Valley Gardens; and a short walk to the delights of Betty’s Café Tea Rooms, the 100-year-old Grand Dame of traditional British tea and scones and all things delectable.
Business people, tourists and the Great British Traveler have long enjoyed the service and hospitality offered by the proprietors of Scotia House, as well as the charm of the spotlessly clean five-bedroom en-suite accommodation. Scotia House was also the setting for the hit TV show, Four in a Bed.
We are currently open and are taking our responsibility to help restrict the spread of COVID-19 very seriously. We feel our property is well positioned as a safe haven for key workers requiring accommodation. We are a small property however are able to meet the social distancing requirements especially as every room has an en-suite bathroom including tea/coffee making facilities.
We have implemented changes to our already stringent cleaning procedures and have modified our breakfast experience and occupancy numbers to reduce the potential exposure. Cleaning a room properly is more important than ever. The safety of everyone that comes on property is at stake and so we have added additional housekeeping procedures to further sanitize our rooms. By default, your room will not be serviced during your stay. However, we have service request cards to communicate your needs, such as additional towels, milk, tea, coffee, biscuits, toiletries etc.
- Housekeepers are wearing gloves and masks when cleaning rooms.
- Decorative pillows, throws, gowns and other non-essential items have been removed from the rooms.
- Additional sanitizing of high touch surfaces in common areas such as door knobs, light switches, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Breakfast may continue to be included with your stay. This will include freshly brewed coffee/tea, juice, fresh home-made baked pastry, fresh cut fruit, yogurt and cereal. There will be no service.
- We have added hand sanitizers on entry and exit to the property.
- Risk Free Reservations. We have eliminated our deposit and cancellation policies on new reservations until further notice.
Our strategy and policy is to continue the high standard of cleaning and sanitizing care as usual.
The following facilities and adaptations are available: